Before starting to clean, read product and equipment labels and usage instructions. Wear recommended Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which may include rubber or surgical-type gloves, goggles, dust mask or respirator, earplugs, or other equipment.
- Housing complex-specific green cleaning plans
- Environmentally preferable cleaning products and supplies
- Powered equipment use and maintenance plan
- Acronyms and definitions
- Toxicity categories for pesticide and disinfectant products.
Throughout the section on Cleaning Procedures, applicable cleaning products are mentioned, with their environmentally preferable selection criteria elaborated upon in the Cleaning Products section and in the Appendices.
The term “green cleaning” highlights the need to clean up the cleaning processes and products themselves, because many commonly used interventions contain, add, or leave environmental pollutants or may cause harm in other ways. Green cleaning benefits the environment and helps protect people, especially vulnerable populations such as the elderly, the infirm, children, and the chemically-sensitive (see Appendix D for a definition). Their long- or short-term exposure to toxic chemicals or harmful particles, gases, or vapours can have serious consequences such as asthma, allergies, depression, hormonal changes, or even cancer.
Further information about Cleaning:
- What is Cleaning?
- Cleaning Procedure
- How to improve cleaning?
- How to train your cleaning employees?
- How to guide cleaning staff?
- How to keep and maintain communication with cleaners?
- About entryways and lobbies cleaning?
- How is dust cleaned?
- How to mop dust
- Floor care and maintenance
- How to maintain hard floor?
- Floor stripping and removal
- Buffing and burnishing techniques
- Carpet maintenance and care
- Carpet extraction and cleaning
- How to Cleaning Data Centre and Server Room?
- How to Clean Computer and Keyboard?
- How to clean your restroom
- What is disinfection?
- How to reduce solid waste?
- Pets cleaning management
- How indoor plans help in cleaning the environment?
- What are the special needs for cleaning?
- Information about cleaning products
- What are concentrated cleaning products?
- What do all-purpose cleaners mean?
- Facts about restroom cleaners
- How to disinfect your restroom?
- Facts about carpet cleaners
- What is chrome cleaner and polisher?
- What is dust treatment?
- Facts about floor finish
- Floor strippers meaning
- Information about Furniture polishes
- General degreasers
- Information on general degreasers
- General disinfectants and cleanings
- Glass cleaners
- Graffiti removers
- Gum removers
- Lime and scale removers
- What is a sanitiser?
- Solvent spot removers absorbents
- Urinal deodorisers
- Wood and stone floor coatings
- Disposable paper and plastic bags
- Selection and use of janitorial equipment
- How to clean a dry floor?