Disinfection is particularly important on touch points in restrooms, community rooms, gymnasium and workout areas, daycare/preschool surfaces (e.g., desktops and toys), and other high-touch locations.
Cleaning staff should:
Perform disinfection in areas or on surfaces where pathogens collect and breed, such as in restrooms, on door handles, exercise and playground equipment, and other fomites (inanimate surfaces that can harbour and transmit germs). However, use disinfectants only where required to minimise their use.
Disinfect using only disinfectants or devices that can document disinfecting properties.
Follow product label directions for preparation of chemical disinfecting solutions (e.g., dilution rate), and the appropriate disinfecting and cleaning method for the area to be cleaned (e.g., dwell time and pre-cleaning as required).
Further information about Cleaning:
- What is Cleaning?
- Cleaning Procedure
- How to improve cleaning?
- How to train your cleaning employees?
- How to guide cleaning staff?
- How to keep and maintain communication with cleaners?
- About entryways and lobbies cleaning?
- How is dust cleaned?
- How to mop dust
- Floor care and maintenance
- How to maintain hard floor?
- Floor stripping and removal
- Buffing and burnishing techniques
- Carpet maintenance and care
- Carpet extraction and cleaning
- How to Cleaning Data Centre and Server Room?
- How to Clean Computer and Keyboard?
- How to clean your restroom
- What is disinfection?
- How to reduce solid waste?
- Pets cleaning management
- How indoor plans help in cleaning the environment?
- What are the special needs for cleaning?
- Information about cleaning products
- What are concentrated cleaning products?
- What do all-purpose cleaners mean?
- Facts about restroom cleaners
- How to disinfect your restroom?
- Facts about carpet cleaners
- What is chrome cleaner and polisher?
- What is dust treatment?
- Facts about floor finish
- Floor strippers meaning
- Information about Furniture polishes
- General degreasers
- Information on general degreasers
- General disinfectants and cleanings
- Glass cleaners
- Graffiti removers
- Gum removers
- Lime and scale removers
- What is a sanitiser?
- Solvent spot removers absorbents
- Urinal deodorisers
- Wood and stone floor coatings
- Disposable paper and plastic bags
- Selection and use of janitorial equipment
- How to clean a dry floor?