Sanitisers are used to reduce, but not necessarily eliminate, microorganisms from the inanimate environment to levels considered safe as determined by public health codes or regulations. Sanitisers include:
Food contact products
These products are important because they are used on sites where consumable food products are placed and stored. Sanitising rinses are used for dishes and cooking utensils, including those in eating and drinking establishments.
Non-food contact products
Non-food contact surface sanitisers include carpet sanitisers, air sanitisers, laundry additives, and in-tank toilet bowl sanitisers.
The following are ingredients to compare:
Antimicrobial ingredients: Prefer antimicrobial ingredients that have a lower potential for persistence in the environment and accumulation in living tissue compared to those with a greater potential.
Preferable active ingredient: hydrogen peroxide.
Other Cleaning Categories and further reading
A variety of cleaners are available in the market depending on the skills and expertise required. Some of the common types are listed below.
Further information about Cleaning:
- What is Cleaning?
- Cleaning Procedure
- How to improve cleaning?
- How to train your cleaning employees?
- How to guide cleaning staff?
- How to keep and maintain communication with cleaners?
- About entryways and lobbies cleaning?
- How is dust cleaned?
- How to mop dust
- Floor care and maintenance
- How to maintain hard floor?
- Floor stripping and removal
- Buffing and burnishing techniques
- Carpet maintenance and care
- Carpet extraction and cleaning
- How to Cleaning Data Centre and Server Room?
- How to Clean Computer and Keyboard?
- How to clean your restroom
- What is disinfection?
- How to reduce solid waste?
- Pets cleaning management
- How indoor plans help in cleaning the environment?
- What are the special needs for cleaning?
- Information about cleaning products
- What are concentrated cleaning products?
- What do all-purpose cleaners mean?
- Facts about restroom cleaners
- How to disinfect your restroom?
- Facts about carpet cleaners
- What is chrome cleaner and polisher?
- What is dust treatment?
- Facts about floor finish
- Floor strippers meaning
- Information about Furniture polishes
- General degreasers
- Information on general degreasers
- General disinfectants and cleanings
- Glass cleaners
- Graffiti removers
- Gum removers
- Lime and scale removers
- What is a sanitiser?
- Solvent spot removers absorbents
- Urinal deodorisers
- Wood and stone floor coatings
- Disposable paper and plastic bags
- Selection and use of janitorial equipment
- How to clean a dry floor?