Indoor plants are a wonderful addition to any facility. Building staff charged with watering and caring for plants may also be called upon to address spills from watering, mould growth in carpets from dampness, pest control, and other problems. Use of indoor pesticides and fertilisers should be managed with care because these products can impact health. Thus, the staff should be educated on the proper and appropriate care for plants. Plants on carpets should be placed on stands to keep moisture from building up in carpeting. Unit ventilators should not be used as plant stands.
Maintenance of indoor plants includes the following:
Collect and dispose of plant debris, such as fallen leaves and flower petals.
Ensure that plants are not in direct contact with the carpet.
Move plants away from HVAC vents.
- Educate workers on appropriate care guidelines for indoor plants.
- Ensure that plants are not in direct contact with carpets and unit ventilators.
If indoor plant care is not the responsibility of the onsite manager, the manager should notify the responsible party when indoor plants are interfering with or compromising cleaning, or when other issues such as those noted above require attention.
Further information about Cleaning:
- What is Cleaning?
- Cleaning Procedure
- How to improve cleaning?
- How to train your cleaning employees?
- How to guide cleaning staff?
- How to keep and maintain communication with cleaners?
- About entryways and lobbies cleaning?
- How is dust cleaned?
- How to mop dust
- Floor care and maintenance
- How to maintain hard floor?
- Floor stripping and removal
- Buffing and burnishing techniques
- Carpet maintenance and care
- Carpet extraction and cleaning
- How to Cleaning Data Centre and Server Room?
- How to Clean Computer and Keyboard?
- How to clean your restroom
- What is disinfection?
- How to reduce solid waste?
- Pets cleaning management
- How indoor plans help in cleaning the environment?
- What are the special needs for cleaning?
- Information about cleaning products
- What are concentrated cleaning products?
- What do all-purpose cleaners mean?
- Facts about restroom cleaners
- How to disinfect your restroom?
- Facts about carpet cleaners
- What is chrome cleaner and polisher?
- What is dust treatment?
- Facts about floor finish
- Floor strippers meaning
- Information about Furniture polishes
- General degreasers
- Information on general degreasers
- General disinfectants and cleanings
- Glass cleaners
- Graffiti removers
- Gum removers
- Lime and scale removers
- What is a sanitiser?
- Solvent spot removers absorbents
- Urinal deodorisers
- Wood and stone floor coatings
- Disposable paper and plastic bags
- Selection and use of janitorial equipment
- How to clean a dry floor?