Cuisinart Grind and Brew device must be kept clean and maintained regularly for more years of service. The Cuisinart grind and brew is a coffee grinder and an automatic coffee maker that will not only brew delicious coffee but it will also grind coffee beans for an aromatic cup of warm coffee.
These are the easy steps on how clean Cuisinart grind and brew
• Prepare all the essential materials needed for cleaning. Get the Cuisinart grind and brew, dishwashing soap, dishcloth, kitchen towel and white vinegar. Prepare these materials beforehand so that cleaning will be easy and efficient.
• Make sure that the Cuisinart grind and brew is turned off and not plug in an electrical outlet. This will prevent any accident from electrocuting.
• Open the lid and reservoir of the Cuisinart grind and brew. Remove entire filter basket, basket and cover out of the coffee brewer. Pull the reservoir halfway inwards.
• Using the dishwashing soap, wash each item separately. Any dishwashing soap or liquid can be used. Do not bleach the removed items or put any harsh chemicals.
• Rinse each item with running water until residues are completely removed. Dry the item using a kitchen towel. Set them aside until all the cleaning process is done. These items can be placed on a dish rack temporarily to completely dry them.
• Wipe the Cuisinart grind and brew using a dishcloth including the grinder baskets. Make sure that no water can enter inside the brewer and grinder. Use only a damp cloth in removing stains and dirt.
• Remove other items including carafe from the coffee maker/ brewer and hand wash it using soap and water. Scrub off stubborn stains or other particles. Rinse with water and wipe it with a kitchen towel to dry.
• Decalcify the Cuisinart grind and brew by using white vinegar. Pour one part of white vinegar into two parts of water and dilute the mixture. Put the solution into the brewer/ grinder. Turn the coffeemaker on to run the diluted solution. After it is done, turn it off and discard the solution.
• Rinse the coffee maker with water until all vinegar residues are removed. Fill the reservoir with water and turn the coffee maker on until no traces of vinegar are left. Repeat this process until satisfied with the cleaning and decalcification.
• Always maintain the cleanliness of the Cuisinart grind and brew. Do not use strong chemicals other than the pure white vinegar. Vinegar is the safest decalcifying agent to be used for a coffee maker. The easy steps mentioned above will help every individual have a good cup of coffee.