A well planned cleaning schedule is an incredible important part of maintaining data centre and serve room environment. You should regularly schedule site cleanings in order to keep your environment free of dust, dirt and other harmful particles that can damage your operating systems and create health risks for personnel. Dust and other particles that circulate within your server room can accumulate and greatly interfere with the equipment by causing a variety of difficult-to-deal-with or even tragic problems. Such problems could include media errors and data loss.
DAILY, WEEKLY, MONTHLY OR QUARTERLY MAINTENANCE
Data Centre equipment cleanliness can be maintained by establishing a consistent cleaning schedule.
- Under Floor • Minimum Once Per Year
- Raised Floor / Floor Surfaces • Minimum Once Per Week
- Equipment Racks and Cabinets • Minimum Once Per Quarter
- Environment Walls, Sills, Ledges, etc • Minimum Once Per Quarter
Our data centre cleaning schedule or a timetable, is a basic time-management tool, consists of a list of times at which possible cleaning tasks, events, or actions are intended to take place in your data centre or server room.
Benefits Of Scheduling
A scheduling system makes cleaning job easier by adding predictability to the Data Centre environment. To our superiors, it provides a means of holding down costs through better use of personnel and equipment. Benefits of scheduling follows:
- Effective use of all cleaning resources.
- Increased throughput.
- Decreased turnaround time.
- Customer deadlines are met.
- Improved communications with customers.
- Avoidance of overloading and underuse of resources.
- Predictability of future equipment and personnel needs.