Data Center relocation or Data Center removal is physically moving your current data center equipment to a new location. Our data center removal team at UK DCC offers relocation services to different room within the current building or to an entirely different physical address. Our relocation and removal team is highly trained and well equipped to meet our customer needs. We are fully insured and we exercise the industry standards and practices to deliver quality services. We operate in London and UK wide. Call our data centre relocation/ removals team for free no obligation quotation or book a free no obligation survey with us.
Careful planning plays a major role in the data center removal and relocation. Proper planning minimises the risk of software and hardware failures during transit and failures due to recabling. Paying attention to details such as time zones, arranging for escort badges in advance can smoother the execution. Taking extra time to reconfirm the schedule with delivery team will contribute to a successful move. We make every effort that all technicians involved have reviewed and understood the project plan and safety concerns.
UK DCC Data Center Relocation Services London and UK wide
- Data center relocation consulting.
- Extensive data center analysis and planning.
- Innovative data center project management methodologies.
- Comprehensive budget planning for data center relocation and data center removal services.
- EOL equipment removal, recycling, and replacement.
- State of the art data center design and planning.
- Flexible scheduling, including nights and weekends to ensure uptime.
- Planning, de-installation, packing, short term storage, transportation and re installation services.
- Extensive experience with super comput ers and proprietary enterprise equipment.
- On-site configuration, system administration and break-fix capabilities.
- Computer manufacturing, custom cabling, labeling and management.
- Years of experience working in mission critical production environments.
- Expertise with network cabling including Infiniband, Fibre, PCI Express, etc.
- Ability to sell and upgrade equipment prior to re-installation.
- On-site data wiping and disk destruction services.
- IT asset disposition services for obsolete legacy equipment.
- We offer professional Data Center Relocation services in London and UK wide.
Factors that can drive the need for Data Center Relocation or data center Removals
- Business Growth or Decline.
- Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Staff Resource management.
- Increasing Energy Costs.
- Increasing Digitized Data Storage.
- Aging Infrastructure.
- Space Limitations.
- Lease Renewal.
No matter the reason for the data center relocation, the burden of executing the relocation falls on the IT managers and their departments. And anyone who knows anything about IT knows that the daily demands of running a data center feel like they are increasing as rapidly as the videos being uploaded to YouTube! Not only is technology expanding at lightning speed, the complexity of integrating the technologies and creating a heterogeneous server, storage, and network environment is as well. In addition there are the ever changing government compliancy and industry regulations to keep up with. The field of Information Technology has never been a 9 to 5 job, but when you start talking about data center removal and migration it becomes a 50, 60, or even 70 hours a week job.
Testing and delivering the data center relocation
There are many issues that can arise during a data center relocation. These issues can threaten business operations and undermine the credibility of IT. Many of these issues cannot be predicted by IT organisations that operate in traditional silos, because they’re caused by subtle, complex interactions between networks, servers and applications. In fact, after these issues manifest themselves in the port move production environment, many IT organisations are left struggling to understand and resolve them. There are a number of options for an organisation involved in data center removals choosing the right option is crucial to the business.
Top reasons for Data Center Relocation and Data Center removal failure
- Human Error
- Bad Cabling Design
- Equipment Failure
- Poor Data Center Design
- Haphazardly planned and executed move
- Application or Hardware compatibility
- Latencies between servers
- Electrical Discrepancies
According to analysts, 88% of enterprises are currently in the early phases of either consolidating servers or executing a major data center relocation. Consolidations and relocations can impact service levels in many ways and one of the primary reasons why data center removal is delayed for so long is often based on business owners’ concerns that their critical applications and services will be adversely affected by such moves. It is therefore important and necessary to address each key participant’s concerns and work with them to design and implement a plan with the least impact on customers. Contact us for Data Centre removals and Data Centre relocation free no obligation quote and free no obligation survey.